A world famous Internet service company is hiring a Database Engineer (Data Storage and Processing Section).
The Database Administration Group is responsible for the availability and stability of database systems for the company's services. This role will allow you to be part of a global team, interacting with overseas colleagues while being in charge of various requirements such as mission critical service, external/Internal service, speed and flexibility, etc.
- Design, build and maintain the database platform to provide stable and secure services
- Proposing and designing plans and leads for new database system based on various factors such as capacity planning, lifecycle management and requests from related groups
- Building databases through various tasks like DBMS installation, parameters configuration, connection settings and configuring Cluster and Backup systems
- Providing 24x7 responsive support for the customers through daily monitoring, trouble shooting and performance tuning of the database systems
- Automation, standardization and visualization of daily operations and processes to maximize productivity
- Verification and evaluation of new products, functions and versions
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Our client is a large global Internet service company that has enjoyed sustained growth as they continue to expand their business in various new areas and industries. This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment in Japan. Our client actively strives to be an equal opportunity employer, and they have many female and foreign nationals in upper management positions. Their brand has also gained global recognition as they sponsor some of the world's most famous sports teams. Our client prides themselves in providing a comfortable working environment for their employees. Engineers are welcome to choose their own setup (Windows/Mac, etc.); whatever makes them comfortable! Free meals are also provided at the company cafeteria. Their chefs work to create exciting new menus and dishes, so employees never get tired of the food!
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:30（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Experience with Linux operation
- Experience with Database operations on one of the following: MySQL, MariaDB, Percona Server; PostgreSQL; or Oracle
- Experience with one or more Scripting language: Shell script, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with one or more Database High Availability solutions: Galera, PXC, InnoDB cluster, MHA, Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard, Golden Gate
- Support large-scale database by providing scale-out solutions
- Experience with geographically spread multi-site datacenter systems
- Experience with Percona tools like Xtrabackup and online schema change
- Manage Oracle Exadata from top to bottom including Cell servers and Infiniband Switches
- Experience with NoSQL products like Cassandra and Couchbase
- Experience with using Atlassian tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of container technology and immutable infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management such as Chef and Ansible
- Experience with visualizing large-scale metrics and log collection
- Experience with CI/CD by Jenkins or equivalent
- Experience with Team development with version control system like Git