A global insurance firm is looking for a strong Linux Administrator (rhel/centos) who is interested in developing his/her career in Data. You must have some interest or a little experience in either middleware or databases, and must be willing to learn on the job to start a data career. The successful candidate will be a member of the Platform Engineering team which a part of the Information Management (IM) Group. Core responsibilities will include the design, engineering and buildout to further the expansion of the IM Data Platforms, while functioning as an integral member of the IM core team, supporting the platforms in scope (Hadoop, Qlik, ETL, in-house built applications).
- Design, testing and initial deployment of new Data Platforms or Feature enhancements to existing Data Platforms. This may include data flow design, security design, High Availability and DR design, Capacity and performance planning depending on the platform - Generally Project based
- Documentation, training and handover of platforms and capabilities to the Data Operations team
- L3 escalation support for Production issues
- Consultation to projects from a data engineering perspective, helping Data application teams in understanding and integration with the platform and Infrastructure.
- Data Project coordination and in some cases control of vendors if there is staff augmentation in larger projects
- Improving manageability, security and governance of Data platforms
【会社概要 | Company Details】
Global insurance company with over 40 years of experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.
【就業時間 | Working Hours】
9:00 - 17:00（Mon - Fri）
【休日休暇 | Holidays】
Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays, Other Special Holidays
【待遇・福利厚生 | Services / Benefits】
各種社会保険完備（厚生年金保険、健康保険、労災保険、雇用保険）、 屋内原則禁煙（屋外に喫煙所あり）、 通勤交通費支給等
Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.
- Systems knowledge and experience with Redhat or Centos Linux
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Able to quickly learn complex new platforms and adapt to a continuous evolving ecosystem of multiple moving/evolving components
- Some knowledge on Docker containers, CICD tools will definitely help
- Willing to learn Data and New Technologies on the job