A global device insurance and support service company is seeking a bilingual Business Analyst responsible for investigating business situations, identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems, defining requirements and ensuring the effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business, working closely with Product Analyst.
The successful candidate will have a broad range of experience in data analysis and will work on data related projects.
- Proactively collaborate with Product Analyst and communicate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver as needed following artifacts using appropriate documentation standards and applying best practices: (Functional requirements (BRD), Use Cases, User Stories along with acceptance criteria and business benefits(ROI), GUI, Screen and Interface designs). Develop use cases/user stories as a key communication tool between the business and technical teams.
- Build test cases, verification scripts, along with actual validation/testing for checking completeness. (Ex QA)
- Prioritize user stories by collaborating with Development Lead, Project Manager and Product Analyst.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Apply advanced knowledge and understanding of business analysis concepts, principles and techniques to gather, document and manage business requirements for new system implementations and major enhancements to existing solutions.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Clarify requirement queries with development team as an ongoing activity.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical solution and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Develop deep understanding of current systems and processes and analyze impact of changes as new solutions are introduced to the environment.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects and Product Analysts to ensure Business acceptance.
- Consult as needed with Enterprise Architecture, Risk and Security and other Shared Service teams to ensure standards are met, systems are secure and proper control requirements are included for all projects.
- Facilitates prototype, demo with product owners for early preview
- Responsible for investigating IT Operations, identifying and evaluating options for improving maintenance functionality, defining non-functional requirements and ensuring the effective IT Operation.
- Develop and validate evaluation metrics and models to analyze business performance and areas of opportunity. Rapidly develop proof-of-concept prototypes to prove out hypotheses
- Encourage development and sharing of internal best practices and foster cross-departmental collaboration
- Take ownership of the deliverables and technical/functional document writings.