A multinational computer technology company is currently hiring a Project Manager.
The Converged Platform Solution Division (CPSD) of this company invented converged infrastructure with Vblock systems and became a billion-dollar global market leader in under 5 years.
With expansion into high growth markets such as Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, PAAS and IAAS, CPSD is leading the charge once more as customers look for strategic partnerships to help them digitally transform.
We have evolved our strategy to have the industry's broadest Converged Infrastructure (CI) / Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) portfolios from VxBlock systems, to VxRack systems and VxRail appliances.
We are innovating at increased speed to deliver on speed-to-value implementations of IT transformation for our customers and are investing in talented people who enjoy the challenge of building a career within a dynamic and evolving global technology organization - bring your ideas, creativity and ambition to CPSD.
Success happens here and we want you to be a part of it.
The CPSD Project Manager is responsible for;
the delivery of high-complexity converged / hyper converged infrastructure projects, maintaining project quality, finances and focus.
The role engages directly with Customers and/or Partners to ensure successful project delivery and outcomes.
The CPSD Project Manager works closely with CPSD Implementation and Delivery Specialists/Architects to manage the project from specification to successful delivery, as well as working with other key functions throughout the project, including Manufacturing, Logistics and Technology Specialists.
[PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES]
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Manages project budgets and forecasting.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Holds regular status meetings with the customer project team.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to Management.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on customer engagements.
- Effectively conveys messaging in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Manages the development of the team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line.
- Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices and technological trends.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates team member contributions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to work positively whilst under pressure.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L and cost-to-completion projections.
- Understands services pricing models and project billing procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Proactive, innovative and flexible approach.
- Effective meeting facilitator
- Effective at managing conflict and negotiating with stakeholders.
- Possesses a general understanding in converged / hyper converged infrastructure systems.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of capabilities.
- Experience with the MS Office suite including PowerPoint, Project and Visio.