A great opportunity to work for a global financial markets firm!
As an Application Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), your mission is to drive the automation of our production operations, everything from reaction to failures, deployment, testing, and quality checks. You will ensure the optimal availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of more than ten thousand client-facing applications. We’ll expect you to own our production environment – from the initial design phases to ensuring continuous high availability.
ou should be comfortable working alongside other engineers to help fix and debug issues with the production environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Investigate, triage, and troubleshoot production problems as they occur
- Create and maintain common and integrated standards with respect to logging, latency, troubleshooting, and monitoring
- Develop and maintain tools used in investigating production problems
- Review and influence the design and standards of the software
- Measure current capacity, predict future capacity needs and make suggestions accordingly
- Automate deployment and configuration management, quality (including functional and capacity testing), and reaction to problems
- Facilitate continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Demonstrated understanding of how large-scale production systems are put together and experience with triaging and solving problems with them
- Experience programming in C/C++, Python or any other programming language
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Saltstack
- Practical knowledge of networking such as TCP/UDP/IP
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk, ELK, Grafana, Nagios
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as Vagrant, Terraform, VMWare, KVM
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (OpenStack, AWS, Rackspace, CloudFoundry, OpenShift, WS02)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker, Mesos, Core OS, Kubernetes