Wonderful opportunity working for a global fashion company! The successful candidate will join the Japan IT team to develop and maintain the partnership with international IT members, vendors and the business.
The role of the Business Analyst is to be a partner with Japan business in order to
- reapply global standard application to Japan as Japan IT domain representative
- define requirements for Japan unique applications and develop, test, train and implement those applications
- deliver stable /reliable system following ITIL procedures
- run IT innovation starting from Proof of concept work
Acts as subject matter expert on application functionality to business partners & Japan IT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands key business processes of business functions. It could be BI or ERP modules (such as HR, Fin, Logistics, Store, etc.)
- Produces and maintains project plan for their application development projects.
- Manages own work to plan, tracks progress, communicates status and escalates deviations from plan.
- Gather the information on new development technology, economic situation and business/sale strategy. Canvas new, upgrade or re-design existing IT system/business process to improve the productivity & profitability with ROI, KPI analysis.
- Escalate and align local market requirements with globe. It includes writing documentation to share it globe.
- Identifies optimum solution based on business requirements, IT standards and costs/timescales.
- Maintains strong working relationships with business partners to ensure understanding of requirements, validity of applications and most effective implementation and adoption.
- Conducts and documents high quality testing to include system testing, integration testing and UAT as appropriate.
- Identifies support requirements and works with other Japan IT members to document tools and transition support to IT level 1 supports
- Provides knowledgeable 2ndlevel support for applications
- Work with business partners and IT to resolve issues, answer queries, organize and provide training, collate business user feedback and understand future development/enhancement requirements.
- Provides technical and functional documentation as appropriate.
- May manage other development resources depending on size/complexity of projects.
- Demonstrate strong passion to change /innovations and run POC (proof of concept) work.
- Be a partner with Japan IT members as required.
- Develop and maintain the partnership with international IT members.
- Establish excellent working relationship with Business Partners.
- Work with IT vendors to lead the projects and local application development/enhancement
- Have experience for system support /projects for 3+ years
- Have Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Microsoft project) skills and experience to leverage them
- Join IT projects as a member
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in Japanese and in English (TOEIC 800+ or equivalent)
- Proven experience to lead mutual alignment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of IT project lifecycle
- Growth mindset to be success in company
- High degree of professionalism and interpersonal behavior
- Awareness of challenges /improvements in industry
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on both quality and speed
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and handle multiple competing demands
- PMP certification and/or equivalent Project Management experience are plus
- ITIL knowledge /certification a plus
- DBA, Oracle 9i or higher knowledge are absolutely plus
- Windows system/network knowledge are plus
- Ability to seek new technologies and adopt it