Are you interested in building the next generation of Internet services that touch hundreds of millions of users across globe every day?
Rakuten is looking for an engineer who can be in charge of developing APIs that support our checkout systems (is one of the mission critical systems in our marketplace) and their Merchants.
The Senior API Application Engineer will be responsible for providing APIs as a platform to access Rakuten Marketplace data assets anytime with a mindset of "You build it, you run it".
This position will be fully responsible of their APIs, including high/low-level design, development, operation, trouble-shooting, and tackling technical challenges.
- Strong desire to construct and provide customer-oriented services is a MUST
- Java EE : 7+ years experience.
- Understand and agree with Rakuten's mission, "Empowerment" of individuals and society through the Internet.
- Understand and practice "You build it, you run it"
- Accept legacy & obsolete systems and improve them on your own
- Maximize your ability under the limited environment and process
- Operation/Trouble-shooting experience of large scale web application
- Development/Operation experience with Tomcat / GlassFish / WebLogic
- Knowledge of professional best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, testing, and operations
- TOEIC 800+
- Choose a best option with long-term and panoramic vision
- Self-motivated, with the ability to design and develop high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code